Watch Sarri's radio broadcast from November 22
Conferences - Workshops - Public speaking
Meaningful and memorable experiences for your group
Please contact Erika Olson, Event Manager: 206-369-2467, to discuss your interest, group size and dates you are considering.
Do you want a meaningful and memorable experience for your group?
Sarri’s workshops and presentations are tailored for both personal and professional development. If you have a special interest or specific need for your group, Sarri will customize a training to meet your needs. Below you will see some sample topics and workshops.
Boundary skills help prevent burnout, lower stress, and improve wellbeing.
Sample Topics for Keynotes:
1. Boundaries, Self-Care, and Sustainability - This is a significant topic for career development and leadership development. This is appropriate for companies that are developing their leaders. It is also helpful for volunteers and large volunteer-dependent efforts (such as Rotarys, Soroptomists and NPO’s). (Your specified length of time)
2. Leadership and Boundaries - 21st Century leaders are expected to manage a very complex landscape that requires a depth of skills. Mastering boundaries at every level will help leaders be healthy and allow them to grow healthy, strong teams. (Your specified length of time)
3. Wellbeing and Boundaries - For any group that wants a wellness boost. This is a fun skill-based workshop to increase your personal wellbeing. (Your specified length of time)
Naming and Taming Overwhelm® Workshop
Naming and Taming Overwhelm Workshop of 5-6 hours based on Sarri's book Naming and Taming Overwhelm
- Understand what Overwhelm is, the experience, the inclusion or exclusion of trauma, the impact, and recognizing a state of overwhelm
- Ways to respond to a client who is overwhelmed, a 3 step response
- How to address your own overwhelm; applying the 3 steps response to you, understanding your feelings, managing boundaries
- Identify resiliency myths, the expectations of compassionate care, practicing the concept of harnessing resiliency. Examine research definitions and implications
- Responding to community overwhelm, using the 3 step response within the context of community
- Recognize the signs of organization overwhelm and 5 ways to reduce organization overwhelm
- Examine leadership and supervisory challenges to manage and prevent overwhelm, raising awareness of how overwhelm is impacting your team and ways to support your team
- How to create a sanctuary for yourself. Identify the key to your own sanctuary
Transform Your Boundaries® Workshop
Transform Your Boundaries workshop of 3-6 hours based on Sarri's book Transform Your Boundaries
- Experience three-six hours of intensive/interactive storytelling about boundary building and resiliency
- Receive guidance through the provided workbook, providing the structure for learning 38 essential boundary skills
- Learn a four-step process to build skills; including self-awareness, boundary awareness, emotional awareness, and dealing with the most challenging boundary issues
- Examine cause-effect relationships and relate those to boundary development
- Recognize which skills need to be developed and how to practice the skills needed
- Practical ways to set boundaries with extremely challenging situations
- Learn ways to coach in a supervisory situation and correctly match the skill to the situation
- Raise the visibility of resiliency and identify where supports can help everyone working in the system
Which workshop should I do first, Transform Your Boundaries or Naming and Taming Overwhelm?
You can do whichever one you need first. If you are feeling overwhelmed, you will get relief starting with the Overwhelm workshop.
If you are tired of your struggle with boundaries and are ready to learn new boundary skills, start with the Boundary workshop.
The workshops work together to give you a complete and comprehensive skill set.